- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Posted on 07-17-2017
Your Chiropractor in Vaughan ON Offers Tips and Treatments to Avoid Chronic Foot Pain
Chronic foot pain can be caused by Achilles tendonitis, bone spurs, flat feet, plantar fasciitis, tarsal tunnel syndrome or a dozen other foot-related inflammatory conditions. If you suffer foot pain, your chiropractor in Vaughan ON will diagnose your foot and heel pain and develop a treatment plan to relieve inflammation and pain that does not include pain medications or surgery.
Tips for Avoiding Foot Pain
Your Vaughan chiropractor recommends the following good foot health practices:
- Do not wear worn-out shoes or shoes that offer no arch support. Besides possibly causing blisters, old shoes have deteriorated soles that provide minimal cushioning. Shoe inserts can be placed into shoes for extra heel support as well as reduction of ligament stress.
- Always wear athletic supportive shoes while jogging or exercising and place ice on your heel after exercising to reduce pain and inflammation.
- Using night splints at bedtime keeps your foot in an upright position and applies consistent but mild stretching pressure on the plantar fascia tissues. This prevents your foot's muscles from tightening painfully while you are resting.
- Going barefoot puts unnecessary strain on your feet and may promote the development of plantar warts.
- Avoid walking or running on uneven ground for extended periods. This could worsen existing foot problems and cause heel pain.
- Flat shoes may cause stress fractures, tendonitis and heel pain, especially for people with flat feet.
Plantar Fasciitis and Achilles Tendonitis Symptoms
The plantar fascia tissue connects the toes to the heel bone. If this tissue is strained or torn, it can cause sharp, intense pains along the bottom of the foot. Torn plantar fascia tissues may reduce your ability to bend your toes upwards and towards the shin bone.
The Achilles tendon is a band of tissue attaching the heel bone to calf muscles and assists in ankle and foot movement. When overextended, the Achilles tendon may become swollen and painful. Pain is usually felt when pressure is applied to the bottom of the foot.
Get Treatment for Foot Pain By Your Chiropractor in Vaughan ON
Chiropractic techniques for relief of foot and heel pain include adjustments to remove nerve compression, therapeutic massage, and customized orthotics to provide arch support and cushioning. Call Synergy Rehab and Physiotherapy today at (905) 856-4174 to schedule an appointment with your chiropractor in Vaughan ON.
There are no comments for this post. Please use the form below to post a comment.