Whether you are in agony from a severe back injury or you have a devastating soft tissue inflammation, the pain can make your job extraordinarily hard or even impossible to perform. Fortunately, Synergy Rehab & Physiotherapy is dedicated to not only relieve the pain but also correct the underlying cause to reduce risks of future work injury accident.
Along with injury, neck pain can be caused by other long term issues such as degenerative disc disease, arthritis, inflammatory diseases or scoliosis. These conditions require professional attention for appropriate treatment.
Common Workplace Injuries
We often tend to think that only manual laborers suffer from chronic pains. However, even if you have an office job, you’re prone to chronic musculoskeletal strain. Example of common workplace injuries treated with chiropractic care includes
- Injuries from repetitive motions: Although you may not consider a repetitive motion, such as typing or packing boxes to be dangerous, it can cause chronic pain, muscle strain, and long-term conditions like tendonitis.
- Being hit by falling objects: Depending on where you work, you run the risk of being hit by a flying object or knocking on objects while moving around. This can cause injuries to your neck, back, head, and foot.
- Slip and fall injuries: Falling from a height or tripping and slipping on an uneven surface or a wet floor can cause severe injuries on different parts of your body. This becomes a crisis. Not only for your earning ability, but also your overall function, comfort, and quality of life.
- Back or neck strain: Often caused by ergonomic problems and awkward work postures, it is common among users of too-low computer monitors and mobile devices.
- Overexertion: Jobs that involve too much lifting, pulling, throwing, holding, and carrying heavy objects can cause you to overexert yourself. This can lead to strained muscles, physical burnout, chronic pain, and more…
- Other Workplace Injuries: Chiropractic care goes beyond treating the obvious back and neck problems. Other conditions that a chiropractor can help with include bursitis, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS), and rotator cuff injuries.
How Chiropractic Care Can Help With Your Work Injury
Chiropractic care has proven to be successful in speeding up recovery, improving your posture, and restoring your strength and mobility after sustaining an accident injury. Using various techniques, your chiropractor can treat different occupational injuries listed above and more. S/he can help align your spinal bones by performing gentle adjustments to the injured area. Massage therapy, roller table, electric muscle stimulation, rehabilitation therapy, and dietary management can also be applied to alleviate pain in the affected area and speed up the healing process.
Discussing Work Injury FAQs With Synergy Rehab & Physiotherapy
At Synergy Rehab and Physiotherapy, our Vaughan chiropractor and the rest of our team (including massage therapists, physiotherapists, and kinesiologists) educate our patients quite frequently on the etiology and treatment of work injury. Some of the most frequently asked questions are discussed below.
What Are Common Types of Work Injury?
Commonly seen work injuries include:
- Tech neck: this is a temporary syndrome of neck pain and other symptoms that if not corrected may increase chronic tension and tissue damage in the cervical spine
- Whiplash: neck pain and stiffness, headaches, jaw pain, and/or shoulder pain caused by forceful “snapping” of the head and neck
- Rotator cuff strain: microscopic tears in the muscle fibers around your shoulder can cause tenderness, achiness, and weakness
- Carpal tunnel syndrome: compression of the median nerve in the wrist can lead to numbness in the first few fingers (you may try to “shake out” your hand to temporarily relieve symptoms)
- Back pain: a sore back can be caused by muscle strains, joint misalignments, or a disc injury (bulge or herniation)
- Sciatica: compression of the sciatic nerve in the lumbar spine can cause buttocks and leg pain, numbness, and weakness
- Plantar fasciitis: inflammation of the thick band of tissue under your foot can cause sharp heel pain
How Does A Work Injury Occur?
A work injury can occur acutely, due to a sudden fall, slip, auto accident, or heavy lifting accident. Likewise, a work injury could develop due to the cumulative effects of repetitive strain, especially if you have poor posture, poor ergonomics, repetitive movement, and poor body mechanics.
How Can a Chiropractor in Vaughan Alleviate My Work Injury?
Our chiropractor in Vaughan, as well as the rest of our team, can provide several drug-free services for your work injury:
- Chiropractic adjustments gently guide your spinal joints back into place, reducing pain and protective muscle spasms; adjustments also trigger natural pain relief in the whole body by “resetting” the nervous system
- Acupuncture alleviates tension in trigger points within the fascia and other connective tissues
- Physiotherapy introduces you to exercises to help you heal tissues and maximize your core stability for better spinal alignment in a variety of postures
These aren’t all—check out our entire list of services which can be custom-tailored to you!
Is Your Work Injury Disrupting Your Productivity? Then schedule an Appointment at Synergy Rehab and Physiotherapy in Vaughan, ON Today!
Get in touch with us! Our number is (905) 856-4174. We’re happy to help you get to the bottom of your work injury so that you can get back to building your career and contributing to this community in the way you love!