Call us (905) 856-4174
Ergonomics is the study of a person’s environment and body mechanics in the workplace, with the intent to maximize efficiency and safety. Our rehab team is happy to provide ergonomics training to people in a wide variety of jobs. Good ergonomics, after all, make for healthier and more productive employees!
Common Injuries Associated with Poor Ergonomics
Here are some of the most common workplace injuries we see among our hardworking patients:
- Back pain and neck pain: often caused by poor posture, poor workspace set up, frequent heavy lifting, repetitive motion, or an overly active or overly sedentary lifestyle; specific underlying diagnoses include bulging or herniated disc, muscle strain or spasm, and joint subluxation
- Shoulder pain and arm pain: muscle strains and tendonitis are common in people who type frequently or perform repetitive and/or overhead movements; numbness and tingling in the arms and hands are also common (e.g., carpal tunnel syndrome)
- Headaches: poor posture as well as strain from looking at a computer (blue light emissions, glare from overhead lights), not to mention stress, can easily trigger frequent headaches
- If you have a desk job, take a walking rest break at least 1 to 2 times per hour.
- Stay well hydrated, as this keeps your tissues healthier (and forces you to get up from your desk!).
- Keep your computer monitor one arm’s distance away at eye level so that your arms can stay relaxed and your neck doesn’t have to bend.
- When lifting, use proper body mechanics: keep the object close, don’t bend or twist your spine, and use bent knees and strong legs to do most of the work.
- Use available tools and helping hands to safely lift and move objects.
Top Ergonomics Tips with our Staff
How Chiropractic Care & Physiotherapy Helps with Back Pain & Related Injuries
Chiropractic care and physiotherapy are excellent resources for people suffering from work-related injuries:
- Adjustments realign the spine and promote connective tissue and nervous tissue healing
- Corrective exercises therapeutically stimulate tissue healing and improved endurance, strength, and/or flexibility of postural muscles
- Acupuncture and massage trigger increased circulation, decreased muscle spasms, and decreased inflammation of acutely or chronically injured tissues
- Bracing and orthotics are available to help prime your system and help you manage your work duties more comfortably and safely
Are You Looking for Help Staying Healthy on the Job?
Contact Synergy Rehab today at (905) 856-4174 to schedule an ergonomics consultation and physical exam with our chiropractic and rehabilitation team.
What People Says About Us.
This the best physio therapy clinic I’ve ever been to and I have had to rehab many, many times. They are professions and always put the patient first. Unlike other physiotherapy clinics, they never push for extra treatments that aren’t necessary or keep you coming back longer than is necessary. At synergy rehab they are professional, friendly, and just wonderful to deal with I couldn’t recommend the more.
– Elyse Vecchiarelli
Great service, flexible scheduling, very friendly staff. Went to Dr. Ghosh when I was not able to move as freely due to lower back pain. He was able to get rid of my pain quickly with his therapy methods and provided me with advice on how to keep the pain from coming back. He did not just do the bare minimum, but took the time to understand the issue before providing therapy service. Would definitely recommend Synergy Rehab.
– Atif Hanif
Synergy Rehab is the best rehab and physiotherapy around. Vicky and Angela are very friendly, warm and easy to talk to and very helpful when it comes to helping you out with forms, appointments etc. Zia is a great physiotherapist, very professional, caring and treats his patients with the utmost respect. I have been here for back injuries as well for rehab after a couple of knee surgeries and have always treated great by all the staff. I would highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a physiotherapy clinic. Keep up the good work!
– William Mazuera
2-4000 Highway 7
Vaughan, ON L4L8Z2
Copyright © Synergy Rehab & Physiotherapy 2022